Except for travelers in Main Cabin Basic, Hawaiian Airlines no longer charges a change fee under the most recent revisions to the airline’s flight change policy. The following are some salient features of Hawaiian Airlines’ new flight change policy:
- A rebooking fee applies only when you change your flight to a Main Cabin fare or a higher fare.
- If you need to change the flight of an award ticket purchased with Hawaiian Miles points, there is no change fee.
- Waivers for COVID-19 travel –
Call Customer Support For More Info: +1-888-702-4465
Hawaiian Airlines All ticket types, including award flights, bought using Hawaiian Miles and Main Cabin Basic tickets, are subject to the COVID-19 travel waivers.
- For tickets purchased between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020:
- Ticket validity has been prolonged to 2 years from the date of unique purchase. There is no change fee for changing flights within the extension validity period.
- However, the difference in fare will be borne by the customer. If the new plan is cheaper, the difference will not be charged to your account.
- The validity of your ticket has been extended to May 31, 2022, if you purchased it before March 1, 2020, for travel between March 1, 2020, and February 28, 2021.
- Up to May 31, 2022, you can rebook your flight without a change fee, but you must pay the higher fare. Your account will not be charged the difference if your new fare is less expensive.
- The same terms will apply if you buy your ticket from an offline or online travel agency.
- For them to rebook your flight, you must make a direct request.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy for Main Cabin Basic Fares
The following is under Hawaiian Airlines’ Main Cabin Basic price flight change policy:
- Main Cabin Basic tickets can’t be changed.
- If you need to modify a Main Cabin Basic ticket, the best course of action is to cancel it within the risk-free cancellation window of 24 hours and rebook.
- Seat selection is not possible before check-in.
- Main Cabin Basic tickets can’t be upgraded to Preferred Seats, Additional Comfort Seats, Business Class or First Class.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy Under Medical Waiver
You can be eligible for a change charge waiver on a Main Cabin Basic ticket if you need to change your flight due to hospitalisation of you or a family member or co-passenger. Online or over the phone, you can modify or cancel your flight. It would be best if you did the following in order to modify your flight online and rebook later:
- Fill out the Medical Waiver Request form completely.
- Send HawaiianAirlines.com/CAO a scanned copy of the form as mentioned above.
- If Hawaiian Airlines approves your request, the rebooking fee will be refunded within 30 days.
How to Change a Hawaiian Airlines Flight
If you wish to alter a current flight, you must comply with Hawaiian Airlines’ flight change policy.
- You should first call or cancel your flight online.
- You cannot cancel an online reservation, so you must rebook your new ticket by calling Hawaiian Airlines Reservations before it expires.
Point to Remember: Rebooking your ticket will waive the change fee (save for Main Cabin Basic), but you’ll still have to pay the cost difference.
Online flight cancellation for Hawaiian Airlines:
- Go to HawaiianAirlines.com home page.
- Please enter your travel information (such as your last name and the confirmation code or E-ticket number) to retrieve your trip from My Trips.
- Choose your flight, then reschedule it.
If you want to change your reservation, contact the travel company or website where you bought your ticket.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Fee
The Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy is as follows:
- All fares on Hawaiian Airlines are now changing fee-free, except for Main Cabin Basic fares. This approach that you’ll not be charged a alternate charge for Main Cabin, Business Class or First Class tickets. There isn’t anyt any alternate charge for award tickets bought the use of Hawaiian Miles. For restricted refundable fares, the refund charge is:
- For nearby islands: $25
- For flights to North America: $100
- For international flights: $100
- Corporate travelers and Pulani Platinum and Gold members are eligible for complimentary same-day standby flight adjustments to neighbouring islands.
- Tickets for the Main Cabin Basic are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Call Customer Support For More Info: +1-888-702-4465
Indeed, under Hawaiian Airlines’ recently amended policy, all travelers (apart from those in Main Cabin Basic) can modify and rebook their flights before they expire. In addition, you can cancel and rebook a Main Cabin Basic ticket within its extended validity period if it qualifies for the COVID-19 travel waiver.
The following scenarios qualify for free flight changes on Hawaiian Airlines:
You paid the Main Cabin fare or more.
Hawaiian’s COVID-19 travel waiver permits rebooking’s for your Main Cabin Basic fare.
Hawaiian Airlines no longer levies a flight change fee for Main Cabin and above rates. However, the Main Cabin Basic fare cannot be altered or refunded. Previously, Hawaiian Airlines assessed change fees of up to USD 300 for international flights, USD 200 for flights to the mainland, and USD 30 for interisland flights. These modification fees, however, are no longer necessary.