If you want to know everything about Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy in detail then you are at the right place. Here, you will know everything about it, so go through it properly before booking your flight so that, you don’t have to face any trouble in the future. Also, for any queries, you are free to reach the professional for quick assistance or guidelines related to your flight and its booking details.
Call Customer Support For More Info: +1-888-702-4465
About Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy for Full Refunds
Many tickets are non-refundable under Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy but there is a chance of getting a full refund only under the conditions described below;
- The flight has been canceled by Cathay Airlines
- You have canceled your flight just within 24 hours of booking but in that, your flight must need to depart from the U.S. Also, you can cancel it for a full refund if you have booked at least 7 days before its departure date.
- Booked from the official website of Cathay Pacific’s U.S
- Denied boarding even while having a confirmation ticket
- Your Cathay Pacific flight has been delayed more than 5 hours
- The flight has been rescheduled and the new flight doesn’t allow me to catch the connecting flight
- Holding a first flex ticket
- Due to some special circumstances but for that, you need to show proper proof
Also, Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy states that;
- Must cancel your ticket before the departure date to avoid the extra fee
- Refunds will take up to 7 days for both credit card as well as PayPal payments & 20 calendar days if you have made payment via cash or bank
- The partially used ticket can be refundable but for that, it should fulfill its terms & conditions
Along with that, if your flight has been delayed more than 4 hours then you can enjoy;
- Free meals & refreshments commensurate with the waiting time
- 2 phone calls/emails/telex/fax messages
But in case, your flight has been delayed until the next day then you can receive;
- Hotel accommodation
- To and fro transportation between the hotel & airport
But if your flight has been delayed for more than 5 hours then you can simply cancel it and receive a full refund.
Cathay Pacific 24-Hour Flight Cancellation Policy in detail
With the help of a 24-hour flight cancellation policy, you can cancel all types of tickets within 24 hours & also, you can get a full refund but for that, you need to follow the conditions described below;
- Book your flight online from the official website
- Flight must be from the U.S
- Cancel your Cathay Pacific flight within 24 hours of booking
- Flight departure must be at least 7 days
Also, Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy states that;
- If you are canceling your ticket within the 24-hour window then you must cancel it from Cathay’s Global Centre as such cancellations are not allowed to be processed online.
- If you are canceling within 7 days of travel or more than 24 hours after purchasing the ticket then a cancellation fee will be charged and it would be totally dependent on the route as well as fare conditions.
About Cathay Pacific Ticket Cancellation Fee
The unused & partially used ticket can be typically USD 150 per passenger & USD per passenger for the expired tickets according to Cathay Pacific’s Cancellation Policy.
- If you are holding a non-refundable dare then you are not allowed to get any refund and also, you will be charged UDS 150 along with its applicable fare difference in case of rebooking. It would totally depend on the types from Promotional, economy save, premium economy standard as well as Business save. Also, the rebooking fee for the economy standard fares would be around USD 50.
How to Cancel a Cathay Pacific Flight and Get a Refund Quickly?
To cancel a Cathay Pacific flight & get a refund quickly then;
- If you have booked directly from the website/mobile app/call center then you can easily rebook it online via manage booking. Also, you will see a change flight button if you are eligible to rebook. For that, you need to go to the button and then finally, follow the on-screen prompts.
- If you are purchasing it from the travel agent then you can quickly contact them directly for rebooking the flight.
- If you are holding a redemption ticket then you must contact Asia Miles simply by filling out the online form.
- If you have booked from a third party then you must contact them directly.
How to quickly Change Your Cathay Pacific Flight Booking Online?
To change your Cathay Pacific flight booking online, follow the steps as follows;
- First of all, you need to move ahead to cathaypacific.com.
- After that, you need to go to the manage booking tab.
- There, you will find the flight book that you need to change and then you need to go to the sign-in option or you can go to find a booking option.
- You have to then choose the flight that you need to change.
- Go to the change flight button and then you have to look for the preferred flight date, time, or destination.
- You have to then choose your new flight and then you need to finally, follow the on-screen prompts there.
After that, you will receive a new e-ticket in your registered email account.
How to Rebook Your Cathay Pacific Flight Booking on Your Phone?
You can easily rebook the flight ticket simply by calling the Global Center;
- United States
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- Other countries
About Cathay Pacific Change Fees
According to Cathay Pacific’s Cancellation Policy, if you are not qualifying for a free flight change then you will be charged the flight change booking;
1) Change fee (rebooking free) for departure date
If you are willing to change the flight date then you can easily rebook the ticket and if you don’t qualify for it then you will be instantly charged a date change fee.
2) Date change fee
USD 50 For economic standard
USD150 promotional, economy save, premium economy standard, business save
Details about Cathay Pacific Name Change on Tickets
If you want to change your name on the Cathay Pacific ticket then you are allowed to do minor name changes just for free of cost. But if you want to reissue to a different passenger then that is not allowed.
Minor changes include;
- Deletion or addition of the middle name
- Deletion of duplicate titles if you have booked a ticket online
- Correction of gender
- Spelling errors up to 3 characters in first, middle, or last name
But if you want to change more than 3 alphabets then you will be charged;
- North America-Free of charge if online otherwise USD 30
- Japan & Taiwan- USD 30 for all booking types
- South Africa, South West Pacific, Hong Kong, Mainland China, South Korea, Sri Lanka, and the Middle East- free of charge if online otherwise if booked by a travel agent then USD 60 will be charged
- India, Europe, South East Asia- USD 60 for all
Cathay Pacific Change Flight Policy
Sometimes, altering travel plans is the only option. Cathay Pacific’s change flight policy provides options for rebooking and modifying your itinerary.
Flight Rebooking Option #1—Travel Anytime Up to March 31, 2023
Life is unpredictable, and Cathay Pacific acknowledges that. As part of their change flight policy, you have the option to rebook your flight for travel anytime up to March 31, 2023. This provides valuable flexibility in uncertain times.
Flight Rebooking Option #2—Travel Anytime Up to June 30, 2023
For those who need a bit more time to finalize their new travel dates, Cathay Pacific’s second rebooking option allows you to travel anytime up to June 30, 2023. This extended timeframe can be a game-changer when plans are still taking shape.
How to Apply for Cathay Credits
How to Cancel a Cathay Pacific Flight and Get a Refund
Should your plans change, and you need to cancel your Cathay Pacific flight, follow these steps to secure a refund:
- Log in to your Cathay Pacific account on their official website.
- Navigate to the “Manage Booking” section.
- Locate your booking and select the option to cancel.
- Follow the prompts to initiate the cancellation process.
- Depending on your ticket type, you may receive a refund or Cathay Credits.
Cathay Pacific Change Fees
Making changes to your flight may come with certain fees. It’s essential to understand these fees before making modifications.
Change Fee (Rebooking Fee)—Departure Date
When changing your departure date, be aware of the rebooking fee. This fee varies depending on factors such as your fare class and the time of change.
Change Fee (Rebooking Fee) for Rerouting
If you need to change your flight’s route, a rerouting fee may apply. This fee can differ based on the complexity of the change and the fare type.
Cathay Pacific Name Change on Tickets
Accidental typos or name changes can cause concern. Cathay Pacific offers options for correcting the name on your ticket.
The following types of name corrections can be made free of charge:
- Spelling Errors: If there’s a minor typo in the name, Cathay Pacific typically allows correction without fees.
- Title Corrections: Changing titles (Mr. to Mrs., for instance) is usually permitted without charges.
Cathay Pacific Name Change Fee
For more substantial name changes, Cathay Pacific may charge a fee. It’s advisable to double-check all details when booking to avoid any potential name-related issues.
How to Avoid Paying Cathay Pacific Flight Change/Cancellation Fee
While change and cancellation fees are common, there are strategies to minimize their impact:
- Flexible Fares: Opt for more flexible fare options when booking.
- Travel Insurance: Consider purchasing travel insurance that covers cancellations and changes.
- Plan Ahead: Confirm your travel dates and details before booking.
- Utilize 24-hour Window: Leverage the 24-hour cancellation policy when necessary.
Also, note that total name change is not allowed and also you need to show documents for any change that you need.
Need some help?
If you need some more details then you can contact the experts of Cathay Pacific now for quick assistance. They are available 24/7 hours, so reach them as per your needs related to Cathay Pacific’s details.
Call Customer Support For More Info: +1-888-702-4465
According to its cancellation policy, you can receive a full refund but only for the tickets that are non-refundable; for that, also, it should fulfill its terms & conditions.
According to Cathay Pacific’s 24-hour cancellation policy, you can easily cancel your ticket and get a full refund but only if you are canceling it within 24 hours after purchasing but terms & conditions apply.
You can change minor name mistakes but not full name but for that, you need to show valid documentary evidence.
If you don’t qualify for a refund on Cathay Policy then you need to rebook your flight but for that, you need to pay its charges.