Air New Zealand Seat Selection Policy: In the vast world of air travel, one airline stands out for its exceptional service and commitment to passenger satisfaction – Air New Zealand. From the moment you book your flight until you touch down at your destination, Air New Zealand strives to make your journey comfortable and memorable. One crucial aspect of ensuring your comfort during the flight is selecting the right seat.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the ins and outs of choosing the perfect seat on an Air New Zealand flight.
Terms and Conditions of Air New Zealand Seat Selection
Before we delve into the nitty-gritty of seat selection, it’s essential to understand the terms and conditions associated with this process. Air New Zealand has a set of guidelines that govern seat selection to ensure fairness and efficiency.
Understanding the Seat Selection Policy
To make the most informed choice when selecting your seat, you need to be aware of Air New Zealand’s seat selection policy. Here are the key points to remember:
- Seat selection is available for all passengers, but certain conditions may apply depending on your fare class.
- Passengers with elite status or those traveling in premium cabins may have priority access to seat selection.
- Fees may apply for seat selection, depending on your fare type and route.
Seat Selection Fees
Air New Zealand offers a variety of fare types, each with its own rules and fees regarding seat selection. Here’s a breakdown of the most common fare types:
- Economy Class: Seat selection for economy class passengers may come with additional fees, especially for preferred or premium seats.
- Premium Economy: Premium economy passengers typically enjoy complimentary standard seat selection, with fees applying to preferred seats.
- Business Class: Business class passengers usually have priority access to seat selection, and many premium seats are included in the fare.
Steps to Select a Seat on Air New Zealand
Now that you’re acquainted with the terms and conditions let’s dive into the steps for selecting your desired seat on an Air New Zealand flight. Whether you’re booking your ticket or have an existing reservation, there are multiple avenues to secure the perfect spot.
Seat Selection During Booking
- Choose Your Seat During Online Booking: One of the easiest ways to select your seat is during the initial booking process. Air New Zealand’s user-friendly website allows you to view the available seats and pick your favorite right away.
- Pay Attention to Seat Maps: As you proceed with your booking, you’ll encounter seat maps that display the aircraft’s seating layout. Take a moment to explore these maps, as they provide vital information about each seat’s location and features.
- Selecting a Preferred Seat: If you have a specific seat preference, such as a window or aisle seat, you can use the seat map to make your selection. Keep in mind that preferred seats often come with additional fees.
Seat Selection After Booking
Sometimes, seat selection during the booking process isn’t feasible, or you might change your mind after booking. Not to worry – Air New Zealand offers options for seat selection after you’ve completed your reservation.
Seat Selection on a Phone Call
- Contact Air New Zealand’s Customer Service: If you’d rather speak to a representative, you can call Air New Zealand’s customer service: +1-888-702-4465. They will assist you in selecting your desired seat, whether it’s an upgrade or a specific location.
- Online Seat Selection Tool: Visit Air New Zealand’s website even after booking to access the online seat selection tool. Enter your booking reference and last name, and you’ll be able to choose your seat from the available options.
Types of Seats Offered by the Airline
Now that you know how to select your seat let’s explore the various types of seats Air New Zealand offers to make your journey as comfortable as possible.
- Economy Standard Seats: These seats are the most affordable option for economy class passengers. They provide a comfortable and cost-effective choice for travelers.
- Premium Economy Standard Seats: Passengers in premium economy enjoy seats with additional legroom and enhanced comfort. These seats are ideal for those looking to upgrade their experience without breaking the bank.
- Economy Preferred Seats: If you want a little extra space and convenience, consider choosing an economy preferred seat. These seats are often located near exits or at the front of the cabin.
- Premium Economy Preferred Seats: Premium economy preferred seats provide even more space and comfort, making them an excellent choice for travelers seeking a premium experience.
Exit Row Seats
- Economy Exit Row Seats: Exit row seats are known for their ample legroom. Passengers in these seats may be required to assist in case of an emergency evacuation, so make sure you meet the airline’s requirements.
- Premium Economy Exit Row Seats: Premium economy exit row seats offer the same generous legroom as economy exit row seats but with the added comfort of premium class.
Bassinet Row Seats
- Bassinet Row Seats: If you’re traveling with an infant, bassinet row seats are a great choice. These seats come equipped with a bassinet attachment, allowing your baby to sleep comfortably during the flight.
- Booking Bassinet Row Seats: To secure a bassinet row seat, make sure to contact Air New Zealand in advance as they are limited in number and subject to availability.
Charges for Seat Selection
Understanding the charges associated with seat selection is essential to make an informed decision. Let’s break down the fees and additional information you should be aware of when selecting your seat.
Additional Information for Air New Zealand Seat Selection
- Elite Status: Passengers with elite status in Air New Zealand’s frequent flyer program may enjoy complimentary seat selection, even in premium cabins.
- Airpoints: If you’re an Airpoints member, you may be entitled to discounts or complimentary seat selection, depending on your membership level.
- Flexi Fares: Passengers who book flexi fares often have the advantage of complimentary standard seat selection.
- Upgrade Offers: Keep an eye out for upgrade offers when checking in online or at the airport. You might have the chance to secure a premium seat at a reduced price.
- Group Bookings: If you’re traveling with a group, consider coordinating your seat selection in advance to ensure your party sits together.
Selecting the perfect seat on an Air New Zealand flight can greatly enhance your travel experience. Whether you prioritize comfort, convenience, or cost-effectiveness, understanding the options and fees associated with seat selection is key to making the right choice. Remember to plan ahead, explore the seat map, and consider your needs and preferences when making your selection. With these insights, you’ll be well-prepared to embark on your journey with Air New Zealand and enjoy every moment of your flight.
The cost of seat selection on Air New Zealand varies depending on your fare type and the type of seat you choose. Standard seats in economy class may have additional fees, while premium seats often come with complimentary seat selection. For specific pricing details, it’s best to check Air New Zealand’s website or contact their customer service.
Yes, you can select your seat during the booking process on Air New Zealand’s website. They provide a user-friendly seat map that allows you to choose your preferred seat. Keep in mind that preferred and premium seats may have additional fees.
Exit row seats on Air New Zealand flights offer generous legroom, making them a comfortable choice for passengers who value space. However, passengers seated in exit rows may be required to assist in case of an emergency evacuation, so make sure you meet the airline’s requirements before selecting an exit row seat.
Yes, passengers with elite status in Air New Zealand’s frequent flyer program may enjoy complimentary seat selection, even in premium cabins. The specific benefits may vary depending on your elite status level.
Yes, you can change your seat selection after booking your ticket on Air New Zealand. You can use the online seat selection tool on their website or contact their customer service for assistance. Keep in mind that any fees associated with seat changes will apply.